The sun is out, the weather is warm, and you need a refreshing low carb sparkling drink to stave off that thirst! So grab the stemware and serve up this Low Carb Lemon Pomegranate Spritzer with Chia!
(This post contains affiliate links from which I may make a commission. Your price remains the same.)
Low Carb Lemon Pomegranate Spritzer with Chia!
This recipe is so simple and lovely, you can make it anytime you need a refreshing drink to sip. I love it with lunch or dinner. But it’s also festive enough for holiday parties and baby or wedding showers, it’s the perfect, colorful, healthy mocktail. So what’s in it? Freshly squeezed lemon juice, pomegranate juice, liquid stevia drops, sparkling water and chia! It’s basically a sparkling lemonade.
ALL NATURAL, NO SUGAR:
I am a lower carb girl, so I offer this effervescent drink with a natural refined sugar free sweetening option: liquid stevia drops. You can usually find these drops in grocery stores on the baking aisle right next to the sugar and honey. Stevia is a plant based sweetener that provides natural sweetness with zero calories and zero carbs. I also love that you can customize your drink, add 3-6 drops depending on preference!
I use black chia seeds as a garnish in this drink. They pack a bunch of nutrition in a small little package. Chia is the Mayan word for “strength”. Two tablespoons of chia seeds provide:
- 11 grams of fiber
- 4 grams of protein
- 9 grams of Fat: (5 of which are omega-3s).
- 18% of the RDI of Calcium
- 30% of the RDI of Manganese
- 30% of the RDI of Magnesium
- 27% of the RDI of Phosphorus
- They also contain a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.
Need More Low Carb Drink Options?
The Recipe: Low Carb Lemon Pomegranate Spritzer with Chia!
A simple festive non-alcoholic spritzer that is naturally sweetened and low carb!
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed ,lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate juice (I use Pom Wonderful or Trader Joe's brand)
- 3-6 drops liquid stevia drops (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 8 oz (one cup) cold sparkling water (I use Peliegrino)
- 1/2 teaspoon black chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds when in season (optional)
Squeeze lemon juice into a glass, add 1-2 tablespoons pom juice (I like one, my husbands prefers a more tart 2 tablespoons)
Add liquid Stevia drops, then add cold sparkling water and ice. Garnish with chia and pom seeds if desired. Enjoy!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!