I had the pleasure of leading a Whole 30 group in January (and will again in March!). It was amazing. And one of the things I love most about Whole 30 is it really makes you into a better cook! When you aren’t eating grains, dairy or legumes, you need to get creative with textures and flavors to keep things interesting and avoid food boredom. This extraordinary Jalapeño Turkey Burger is a perfect example.
(This post contain affiliate links. Please see full disclosure at bottom of page)
I love a burger with a little kick to it and these juicy burgers have one! I use 85% lean ground turkey so the burger has enough fat so that it doesn’t dry out.
Don’t these burgers look amazing? I can’t take full credit for them…although I would sure like to. They are a variation of a recipe one of the participants in my Whole 30 group created (thanks Lisa!) Of course, I had to throw a perfectly poached egg on them. Because that’s how I roll.
Get 3 FREE Family Menu Meals from Sun Basket! Fresh organic, non-GMO ingredients and kid-friendly recipes delivered!
These Jalapeño Turkey Burgers are easy to make too. Just combine ground turkey, minced jalapeño, cilantro, lime and spices, form into patties and cook in a pan!
The Recipe: Jalapeño Turkey Burgers!
Tips, what you will need and what to serve this with: learn to handle hot chili peppers here (trust me, you’ll be glad you did!) Serve with my Rosemary Butternut Squash or Sweet Potato Fries! Learn to poach the perfect egg here. This recipe is Whole 30 and Paleo compliant. Top with my guacamole and Pico de Gallo!
Jalapeño Turkey Burgers!
- 1 pound ground turkey (I prefer 85% lean, it has more fat which makes for a better burger!) If your ground turkey has excess liquid, be sure to set on paper towels to remove the juices.
- 1/2-3/4 of one jalapeño pepper, minced(I like it hot so I use 3/4)
- 1 medium size shallot, peeled and minced
- zest and of one lime, and 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 a teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pico de gallo
- poached egg (optional)
- Note: The ground turkey I buy is the consistency of hamburger. If yours seems to have extra liquid, set on paper towels to drain juices.
- Place turkey, herbs, spices and lime in bowl and use hands to mix well.
- Form into four patties.
- Place pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
- When pan is hot, place patties in pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top with guacamole, pico de gallo and poached egg if desired!
More for The Burger Lover!
Click to learn to make the Secrets of Making a Fantastic Burger! ~ Linda Spiker
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.