I made this recipe for myself and my husband the other day. It was amazing. So flavorful, filling and delicious. We loved it and we aren’t even vegans. This Jamaican Jerk Chili with Mango Salsa is another win for Sun Basket Meal Delivery. And it’s soy, gluten and dairy free!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission from sales but your price remains the same.)
What’s New with Sun Basket in 2018?
- NEW: More recipes: Now, Sun Basket is serving up 18 recipes to choose from every week! Never get bored with eating clean.
- NEW: Introducing 3 new meal plans:
- Vegan: Going plant-based has never been easier. Enjoy creative meatless recipes with seasonal organic produce, plant-based proteins, and our house-made signature sauces.
- Pescatarian: Perfect for those who want to eat a plant-focused diet with a healthy dose of wild-caught seafood. We only use seafood listed as Best Choice or Good Alternative by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program.
- Mediterranean: Modeled after one of the world’s healthiest diets, with seasonal produce, lean meat & wild-caught seafood paired alongside whole grains, healthy fats, and fresh herbs.
- NEW: Protein selections: Now you can opt for premium proteins on select meals. Make any night special with organic, grass-fed filet mignon, wild-caught halibut, jumbo shrimp, and more.
GET $30 OFF YOUR SUN BASKET ORDER! ORGANIC INGREDIENTS FROM THE BEST WEST COAST FARMS AND EASY, HEALTHY RECIPES DELIVERED WEEKLY.
Let’s Talk About This Meal!
This gorgeous, flavorful chili is made in about 35 minutes and is vegan, dairy-free, soy-free and gluten free. All the ‘frees’ you could want! It makes two very generous servings but if you served it as a side dish, it could easily feed four. Seasoned with jerk spices and made with protein rich quinoa, you will never miss the meat. And just look how bright and beautiful this meal is…
The Recipe: Vegan Jamaican Jerk Chili with Mango Salsa!
What you will need: a medium sized pot, a microplane for grating ginger and a good knife.
You won’t miss the meat or dairy in this easy vegan chili. Brightened with our favorite jerk spices. Gluten-Free, Vegan, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, two generous servings, 530 Calories/Serving, 35 Minutes total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- Jamaican jerk spice blend 1/4 tsp dried coriander, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika, - 1/4teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 mango
- 1 lime
- 3-4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
Wash produce before use
Peel and coarsely chop three-fourths of the red onion. Finely chop enough of the remaining onion to measure ¼ cup; set aside for the mango salsa.
Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
Place all spices in a small bowl
In a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm olive oil until hot but not smoking. Add the coarsely chopped onion and bell pepper, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the jerk spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the quinoa, tomatoes, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the quinoa is tender and the chili is thickened, 18 to 20 minutes. While the chili cooks, prepare the mango salsa and the remaining chili ingredients.
Trim off the top and bottom of the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh into two halves away from the pit. Cut the halves lengthwise into ½-inch-wide strips, then crosswise into ½-inch pieces.
Juice the lime.
Coarsely chop the cilantro.
In a medium bowl, stir together the mango, lime juice, cilantro, and finely chopped onion; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Rinse the white beans.
Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 1 teaspoon.
To the pot with the chili, stir in the beans and ginger and cook until the beans are warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the chili to individual bowls, top with the mango salsa, and serve.