Sometimes the simplest foods are the best foods. This is The Organic Kitchen’s Egg Drop Soup.
Belly healing bone broth, sliced green onions (or other greens) and an egg. That’s it. If you wish you can add avocado slices to get those healthy fats.
The dishes in this post are from my favorite store Shop Anthropologie House & Home
Sometimes I have this for breakfast, other times lunch. If you have a hard time working bone broth into your day it’s the perfect solution. Of course, using homemade chicken stock is highly recommended. My recipe here.
The Recipe: Egg Drop Soup
You will need: homemade broth and a small pot. (affiliate links)
- 1½ cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1 T sliced green onions (greens not bulb) or baby kale, spinach etc...
- avocado, sliced (optional, but delicious!)
- Place broth in a small pot on high heat, bring to a boil.
- While broth is heating, slice onions. Add onions to broth.
- Slice avocado.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl, use a fork to break yolk and mix egg just a little.
- When broth boils, turn down to a simmer, gently pour egg into broth while stirring.
- Wait 60 seconds turn off heat. Pour into a bowl, add avocado. Serve.
Easy, healthy and delicious. The dishes in this post are from my favorite store Shop Anthropologie House & Home
MAY I PLEASE ASK A FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
post tags: gluten free, dairy free, grain free,