Sometimes the simplest foods are the best foods. This is The Organic Kitchen’s Egg Drop Soup.
Belly healing bone broth, sliced green onions (or other greens) and an egg. That’s it. If you wish you can add avocado slices to get those healthy fats.
Sometimes I have this for breakfast, other times lunch. If you have a hard time working bone broth into your day it’s the perfect solution. Of course, using homemade chicken stock is highly recommended. My recipe here.
The Recipe: Egg Drop Soup
You will need: homemade broth and a small pot. (affiliate links)
- 1½ cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1 T sliced green onions (greens not bulb) or baby kale, spinach etc...
- avocado, sliced (optional, but delicious!)
- Place broth in a small pot on high heat, bring to a boil.
- While broth is heating, slice onions. Add onions to broth.
- Slice avocado.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl, use a fork to break yolk and mix egg just a little.
- When broth boils, turn down to a simmer, gently pour egg into broth while stirring.
- Wait 60 seconds turn off heat. Pour into a bowl, add avocado. Serve.
Easy, healthy and delicious.
The dishes in this post are from my favorite store Shop Anthropologie House & Home
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
Disclosure: We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated! Also, if you make any purchases using Amazon I would love it if you would use the affiliate links on this page (highlighted in this post or the Amazon banner in right sidebar). Your cost remains the same but I receive a small commission that helps keep this website up and running. Thanks for your support! ~ Linda Spiker
post tags: gluten free, dairy free, grain free,