Who needs a Mexican restaurant when you have this recipe? This chicken is seasoned with cumin, coriander, garlic, sea salt and then broiled till the skin is crispy and the chicken is tender perfection! Gluten free, grain free and dairy free too!
Drizzled with fresh lime juice and sprinkled with red pepper flakes….amazing. This dish is great alone or topped with my mango salsa! (<—recipe)
The Recipe: Spicy Lime Chicken
- You will need: A broiler pan and foil.
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 small breasts, bone in, skin on
- Olive oil
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper Flakes
- 2 Limes quartered
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Turn oven to broil and place oven rack in center position. Line inside of broiler pan with foil and replace top.
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with sea salt, pepper, coriander, cumin and garlic powder.
- Place prepared chicken skin side down on broiler pan and place in oven for 18 minutes. Turn skin side up and cook for 12 more minutes or until juices run clear. If skin starts to get too brown before chicken is done, cover with foil or move to the lowest oven rack the last few minutes of cooking.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven and drizzle with fresh lime juice. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste and garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve with mango salsa and watch people be very very happy.
Please subscribe so I can send you more amazing recipes! And check out my cookbooks here. ~ Linda Spiker
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
All recipes and food images are copyrighted and owned exclusively by Linda Spiker. Do not republish photos or recipes without written consent.