We here in California LOVE Mexican food. It is a staple. And if you can keep it simple and make it at home then why not? This Spicy Lime Chicken is unbelievably easy to make, delicious and Whole 30/Paleo compliant!
(This post contains affiliate links. I may make a commission off sales which allows me to keep my site up and running. Thanks for your support!)
I use bone in, skin on thighs for this recipe. If you prefer to toss in a couple of breasts you may, just know they won’t be as tender and juicy as the dark meat. If you choose to use breasts, make sure they are as close to the size of the thighs as you can get and again, they should be bone in, skin on. I know a lot of you shy away from skin on, I urge you not to. The best way to get moist, tender chicken is to keep the bone in and skin on. Besides, all the flavorful herbs and spices are on the skin! Drizzle with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with red pepper flakes….amazing.
If You Want to Bump it Up a Notch:
The Recipe: Spicy Lime Chicken
Tips: I recommend using bone in skin on thighs for this recipe. If you choose to use breasts be sure to get bone in, skin on and get them as close to the size of the thighs as you can. Sometimes you just can’t find small chicken breasts, if you use chicken breasts that are considerably larger than thighs, place them in the oven ten minutes before adding thighs to the broiler pan. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, Whole 30/ and Paleo compliant.
- You will need: A broiler pan and foil.
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on (see notes for using breasts above)
- Olive oil
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper Flakes
- 2 Limes quartered
- ¼ cup Cilantro (for garnish), chopped
- Turn oven to broil and place oven rack in center position. Line the inside of broiler pan with foil and replace top.
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil and sprinkle evenly and generously with sea salt, pepper, coriander, cumin and garlic powder.
- Place prepared chicken skin side down on broiler pan and place in oven for 18 minutes. Turn skin side up and cook for 12 more minutes or until juices run clear. If skin starts to get too brown before chicken is done, cover with foil or move to the lowest oven rack the last few minutes of cooking.
- When chicken is done, remove from oven and drizzle with fresh lime juice. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste and garnish with cilantro if desired. Serve with mango salsa and watch people be very, very happy.
Please subscribe so I can send you more amazing recipes! And check out my cookbooks here. ~ Linda Spiker
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
All recipes and food images are copyrighted and owned exclusively by Linda Spiker. Do not republish photos or recipes without written consent.