If you are a fan of mashed potatoes you are going to love this ‘Three Ingredient Cauliflower Puree’ recipe!
Looks like mashed potatoes, has the creaminess and texture of mashed potatoes and even tastes like mashed potatoes. But it’s not mashed potatoes!
Cauliflower is high in fiber, Vitamin C, folate and contains many phtyochemicals common in plants that are members the cabbage family. Cauliflower is also high in sulforaphane, a nutrient known to have anti-cancer benefits. All this and almost no carbs! So indulge with absolutely no guilt!
What are the three ingredients? Cauliflower, butter (or clarified butter or ghee) and chicken stock, homemade of course! Oh… and some sea salt and freshly ground pepper…ok, so I guess that makes five ingredients…unless you count all the ingredients in the homemade chicken stock…then make that Fourteen Ingredient Pureed Cauliflower.
Homemade chicken stock gives this cauliflower a rich and more savory flavor, and it’s good for you. If you don’t make your own, simply use store bought it will still be delicious!
The Recipe: Three Ingredient Cauliflower Puree
- 5 cups cauliflower, leaves and core removed, cut into small florets
- 6 T clarified butter, butter, or ghee, room temp
- ⅓ Cup chicken stock, heated (vegetarians use veggie stock)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place two inches of water in vegetable steamer. Place cauliflower in steamer.
- Turn on high heat.
- Steam cauliflower till a fork goes in easily, usually 10-12 minutes.
- Carefully place cauliflower into food processor, add heated broth and butter, clarified butter or ghee. Process till smooth, scraping down sides of processor if needed. That's it!
I recently did a guess post on the blog Homegrown and Healthy. It included this Garlic Butter Salmon which I happened to pair with Cauliflower Puree! To see the recipe for the salmon below, click here. Yum!
MAY I PLEASE ASK A LITTLE FAVOR?
We small bloggers need all the help we can get. Subscribing and sharing on social media is very appreciated!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with The Organic Kitchen’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. The Organic Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Linda Spiker owns all rights to recipes and photographs
Whole 30, grain free, gluten free,